Expanded Subsidized Employment
Expanded Subsidized Employment (ESE) helps reduce the costs associated with identifying, hiring and onboarding employees. ESE reimburses companies up to 100 percent of the wages of a new hire in the first 1040 hours of employment.
How does it work?
- Your company interviews pre-screened candidates and hires whomever you choose.
- You are reimbursed 100% for wages during the first six months.
- The employer gets reimbursed after every month.
What are some restrictions?
- The position must be regular and permanent.
- The position must pay $11.00 or more per hour (wages may not be less than minimum wage).
- Only hours worked on the job will be reimbursed, up to 40 hours per week (vacations, holiday pay, and overtime will not be reimbursed).
What documents are needed?
- Proof of workers’ compensation insurance
- Proof of liability insurance
- Current Business License
- Current W-9
How do job seekers qualify?
- Job seekers must be enrolled in at Worknet Merced County and have been referred by their CalWORKs case manager
How do employers get started?
- Contact Jaime Gutierrez at 209.724.2122 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.